Friday 9 January 2009

time for old rat bags to retire ....

i got a couple of emails recently from an old customer, and she has agreed you can see the lovely comments she sent me, as well as this lovely picture of two very pretty pet rats ... it makes me smile to hear of rat bags out in the world having fun! what do your raggyrats get up to?


"You've made me two rat bags (or back packs). They are each 18 inches from the top of their heads to their toes. The first was all grey and I named her Violet; she is retired now and living in a bedroom with a guinea pig. The second is all brown; her name is Daisy and she has been working every day for several years. It's time for her to retire.

I can't tell you what a great reaction I get where ever I go with Daisy. My favorite was a construction worker in Chicago who yelled at me "Does the big rat talk?"; I said no she doesn't talk. And he replied "Damn! I always wanted to talk to a big rat." Daisy just makes people happy.

I can't imagine having 3 children under 3. I work at a children's museum and I have
a lot of respect for parents of young children - it requires a so much work and a zen
like attitude.

I've included a picture of two of my rats (George Eliot and Kelsey). Could you make a rat bag that looks like Kelsey (the one on the right)?
I'm a huge fan of your work

Margaret"

2 comments:

manda said...

What beautiful rats! I used to own four rats. Milo, Albert, Alex and Pumpkin. They can be such beautiful animals!

Soggibottom said...

I saw a rabbit for sale today and WANTED IT.....but then thought... if I buy it and another that is really in NEED wants a home I would end up with 19 of them again. Love rabbits.
Earthy.....just thought I would share this...... want a rabbit really...... miss my rabbit......good one of the ratties.