Monday 11 May 2009

bags of them ..... a quick round-up ...

i make a lot of bags
i make them for ourselves and for presents ...

a bag to contain steves camera - which had to look a bit manly, so i went for war-time satchel influence ...



a bag to keep the cam corder safe, that steve got me a year ago just before mary popped out ...



a drawer full of bags, many of them keeping chargers and adapters from getting tangled up with each other, and steve's headphones ...



a bag for my sat nav to travel in ...
it matches a vintage dress i got from freecycle and actually wear :-)



a bag for matty and daisys xylophone and the two wooden beaters ... nice and girly and fully lined, this one!



a peg bag - do you have one, and was yours handmade? this one looks masculine as i made it while pregnant with twins and pegging out was definately steve's job !



an apple bag, steve flings this over his shoulder (the knot is for storing), and climbs up our apple tree in september ...



a bag of cloths, wipes and rubber gloves in the kitchen cupboard, also known as the ante-pantry ...



a bag of bob-the-builder figures and diggers, includes realistic, annoying traffic cones and a man in red pyjamas known as JJ ...



wall mounted pocket-tidy thingy i made for one of louise's many birthdays ...



a shoulder bag i made for me ... has inner zipped pocket for coins and things that must never fall out ...



my very own rat bag ...
go to http://www.raggyrat.co.uk/ for yours ... mine is silver black and about 9 years old ...



a bag i made to take on the air plane for my recent trip to the highlands ... it fitted all my gear and was the required size to keep sleazy-jet happy ...



a bag that keeps all the stuff together in the boot of the car eg sick bags, and road maps, and spare headlamp bulbs ...



so what is this for, my latest sewing project? well, it's my birthday tomorrow and i hope to have added some handles ... but please do take a guess below ...

4 comments:

Jackie said...

I hope its a banjo and not a frting pan. I could do with a bag tutorial regarding zips and linings.
Its a constant source of annoyance to me.

Jackie said...

I didn't mean frting pan!!!! frying I said Frying!!!

Caroline B said...

You are getting a banjo? I'm so jealous if you are, I'd love to learn the banjo! Can't think of anything else that would fit it - a frying pan would be too sad for words...

Matilda said...

So what do we call you then?..... the BAG LADY? hehehehe
I dont think I have ever seen anyone with such organised bags. Way to Go Cat.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!xx