Wednesday 25 August 2010

Plush Team Virtual Book Tour: Day 7, with the Raggy Rat!


I am still really proud and excited to be part of this inspiring Plush-team publication...



This very special raggy rat, named Tia, found her way into my chosen photos, as she has unique markings. She is also one of a line of plush rats I began to make in 1996 ...



This is not our dinner on the dining table, where i also work, by the way! This is partly puppet, partly soft sculpture and also perhaps part pyjama case, and shows that i like to work both big and small ...



and sandy appears in the book, one of my favourite one-off pieces, with a lovely ratty face. I had fun dyeing the gingham and the mohair in tea, and fitting in those cheerful red wheels!



Do you have a copy of the Plush Team book?
Find out more at the Plushteam Etsy Shop...If you bring your copy to my open studio even I will sign it for you :-)



Hey Stitchy - Don't eat the book!

2 comments:

Katy Cameron said...

Oh what fun, congrats!

Katreader said...

I adore Sandy...and all of your raggy rats, of course.