Tuesday 8 February 2011

a stitch in time ....

this unremarkable torso was recently subject to surgical investigations ...



and closed by small neat knots in three places ... that Mary asks to see several times a day, and the Fuzzies come running for a peep when she asks me!



which all get snipped today at my local surgery ... I could almost untie this one!



so Daisy, asker of all very thoughtful questions says, how do you sew skin? and after vetting it I showed them this video (no blood!)



and then i gathered together some 'skin', a bent needle, thread and my scissors (pretending to be hemostats!)



then we sewed up our patient, or rather, I did two sutures then gave the hoop to daisy and made a nice cup of tea!

2 comments:

Carlotta said...

Wonderful! And thanks for the update on suturing. I should really have been revising and was reading your blog instead, but this counts as killing two birds with one stone...whoops...am also a veggie!

Caroline B said...

Urg! I think I would have given you prettier sutures than that, perhaps a nice lazy daisy & a French knot?