Sunday 5 July 2015

Charity brooch making ...

I am currently raising money for The Weymouth Carnival Charities, supporting Julia's House. That's the reason behind these colourful button-and-felt flowers ....


I was delighted when my children asked if they could help too, and we had a few family sessions around the dining table!


Sewing on a button is also a most useful life skill. Why Matty's school cardi had long been missing a button...


I wanted to make something that people could have, and keep if they wanted to. I'm not too ambitious and couldn't think of a sponsored activity either! Also we get asked to support so many things these days that I wanted to give a small gift in return. Mary is 7 and did very well making a pile of neat flowers ...


I used three hand drawn templates to create the felt petals, and we all dug through the four-hole-buttons leaving out the brown and grey ones to keep our designs bright!


We made 98 fun brooches, and Mummy glued all the backs on to them and pinned them to a pillow case! 


I will let you know how sales go, and also the reason why I'm lending my support in a different way this year. Would you like one?

No comments: